Saturday, December 15, 2012
Not only as a machine, a robot can now also be a friend of man. A consortium of Japanese companies will send a humanoid robot to space in 2013. This mission was intended to accompany another astronaut Koichi Wakata and help execute tasks on the International Space Station.
Currently the robot is still in the construction phase. Later, the robot will have 13 inches tall and weighs 2.2 pounds. This robot will be able to recognize faces, perform simple experiments such as mixing fluids and send information to scientists on Earth.
Companies that include Toyota car manufacturer makes two robots. A robot sent into space and the rest is stored as a backup robot. If successful, successful, could be the project will pave the way for more collaboration between humans and robots in space and make it easier for astronauts.
Lead designer Tomotaka Takahashi said, "We plan to make a small humanoid robot to do some experiments or joint task and can convey information."
This robot still has no name, and the company opened an opportunity for anyone to suggest a name. Hmm.. thought of something?Readmore »»
For some children, Christmas day will feel less without the presence of Santa. Quite often they write a letter to Santa for his wishes. But did you know there are things that might be more interesting than just a letter? Yes, the phone! Children can call Santa on the phone and get a gift from him.
Magic Phone Both are located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is actually offered. Children can call Santa and get a gift. Then when they press a button, it will look a projection of winter on a nearby building complete with fake snow snow and children's choir suddenly came and surrounded him.
Oi, the largest telecommunications company in the country to recruit actors to play Santa. The actor can see the children and hear directly, so they can engage in conversations outside the script.
Unfortunately this is only a limited campaign in Brazil. But for those who live in the country and can not go to Rio, they could call Santa on a special number to speak with him directly. Hmm .. Is there a telecommunication company in UK, which was inspired to make something similar? :)Readmore »»
Friday, December 7, 2012
Timothy D. Cook or you know as Tim Cook is the CEO of Apple Inc., Substitute Steve Jobs. Getting soft position at Apple, Cook picked by Jobs before he died last year and now has 16 months Cook ran Apple. Under his leadership, Apple released the iPhone 2, 3 iPad and value stocks that rose to 43%. But the 16-month career is not easy because of the fact that Cook passed to deal with many difficulties and challenges. What is it?
1. Management broke down Scott Forstall is one of the great people who owned Apple. Men are also known as 'protege' Steve Jobs so you can imagine how his abilities. However, on the other hand many of his colleagues refer to it as an annoying person. Bias on Forstall has long blows, m ulai of its overly ambitious, hard working with colleagues, selfish, etc.. And the climax when an error occurs in the iOS Maps some time ago. Touted refused to apologize on iDevices users, even with all the considerations Cook finally had to fire Forstall.
2. Chaotic iOS Maps Apple originally used as a substitute for iOS Maps Google Maps that have been thrown out of iOS devices. But the effort does not seem to Cook the sweet fruit as iOS Maps actually look very bad and scary and worth mentioning as a product failure. For this, Cook put the agency with a written apology for the poor Apple Maps app for all iDevices users.
3. Chaotic Foxconn worker The bad news is slanted tekait treatment Foxconn management against the workers is not new. Known as an assembler Foxconn Apple products back into the spotlight this year when the world discovered many underage workers and inhuman, such as working overtime without extra pay, it's happening in China factory. Cook intervened by visiting China in March 2012 and signed audit by the Fair Labor Association.
4. Babble Mike Daisey Foxconn workers melancholy tale that is always associated with Apple continues to taper when the artist monologue, Mike Daisey, staged a show called This American Life. In the monologue performances, Mike the details tell the story of Foxconn workers experienced heartbreaking, given before he had ever been to Foxconn China. Inevitably, the show is back Mike tarnish the face of Apple as the party deemed responsible for the fate of workers Foxconn.
5. Leaked iPhone spread out before release Unlike Steve Jobs era that emphasizes confidentiality, Cook era seem unable to stem the number of leaked iPhone 5 circulating on the internet before its release. Of course most of the leaks were sourced from China sites while the U.S. claims Apple still adhere to the culture Jobs in maintaining the confidentiality of a new product. The bottom line, Cook did not seem to be anticipating the release of leakage, seepage is: one thing that is not likely to happen in the leadership of Jobs.
6. iPad Mini The late Steve Jobs is known to be strongly opposed to a smaller tablet than the iPad (9.7 "). But in the era of Cook, iPad Mini 7.9 "emerged in response to the success of Android tablets like the Galaxy Tab 7, Amazon Kindle Fire is also Google's Nexus 7. Although touted before his death Jobs had approved Apple producing 7-inch tablet but it remains a unique debate how to cook through the release of the iPad Mini has to 'fight' views beginnings Jobs on 7-inch tablet. But this time because the iPad Mini Cook very successful public interest, even defeating the iPad 4.
7. Apple Campus One of the relics of Jobs that has not materialized is a new building for the office of Development Apple called Apple Spaceship Campus or Apple Campus 2. Regarding the broader construction of the Pentagon military headquarters, it appears that Cook had to be very clever to negotiate with the local municipality because the parties have not signed a development agreement Apple Campus 2 so that the construction of which has been confirmed delayed scheduled.
Well, that's 7 things tough facing Tim Cook for 16 months served as CEO of Apple Inc. To know more about Tim Cook, you can read the article "5 Interesting Things About Tim Cook, Apple CEO Steve Jobs Successor."Readmore »»
Dated December 5, 2012 and may be the second worst day for Apple after Steve Jobs's death last year. How not, Apple's stock is worth $ 705 per share in September 2012 the number had dropped to $ 538 in trading Wednesday.
Apple fans can breathe easier because today Apple stock numbers slowly rise to $ 545 per share. But did you know that the fall in value of Apple's shares on Wednesday has caused Apple to lose? From Bloomberg market report websites, gray Wednesday it has made Apple lost $ 35 billion!
It was not separated from the very popular Apple products. As General Motors makes every American has a homemade car in every garage, as well as Apple. In a study earlier this year, and even mentioned that should be at least 51% of U.S. households use Apple products. And now, of course that value has risen not separated from the release of new products over the past 12 months.
As provided by Reuters yesterday, investors and analysts calling Apple shares fall influenced by several factors. One of the most profound impact is the emergence of a variety of research that says iOS will still survive in the popularity of Android. Not only that, the success of Nokia made a deal to sell Lumia handsets via China Mobile is also deemed to have been hit by a landslide Apple because Apple is so difficult to approach opsel China to market its products.
Well, if Apple shares after this can gradually return to the $ 700?Readmore »»
Sunday, December 2, 2012
2 weeks after release, Nexus 4 still remains the most popular Android handsets in the U.S.. This situation has been exploited by a number of parties who are not responsible by buying stock in the Google Nexus 4 Play Store for sale again at a price that is much more expensive on eBay.
Google also enacted a new policy, which limited buyers may purchase 2 units of Nexus 4 via Play Store. If previously they have purchased 2 units, then they will no longer buy the Nexus 4 with a particular variant.
Turning to eBay, the amount of interest for the Nexus 4 is now forcing eBay to set a number of new provisions for the seller who offers the Nexus 4. This provision is not a new thing at eBay, and they have been running this special provision for electronic devices with a very high number of applicants, such as the launch of the iPhone in 2007, was also the launch of the Wii and PlayStation 3 consoles.
eBay is running a special policy to suppress the possibility of fraud on their site. Here is a list of its provisions:
- The authorized reseller is allowed to sell the Nexus 4 with an unlimited number per week
- The seller with the title 'Top Rated' allowed to sell Nexus 4 8 units per week
- All sellers are able to meet the minimum performance standards are allowed to sell on eBay 4 units Nexus 4 per week
- The new sellers who have confirmed their personal information is allowed to sell only one unit of the Nexus 4 per week
For the seller that still does not meet the minimum performance standards have not been confirmed eBay or personal information will NOT be allowed to sell the Nexus 4 during the post-launch. eBay is still limiting the sellers who sell domain names or email addresses associated with Nexus 4 to as many as 4 pieces each week. Complicated is not it?Readmore »»
The news Apple will no longer use the services in the procurement Samsung mobile chips for the iPhone, iPad and other Apple products increasingly obvious truth. If before Apple is rumored to be using processors made in Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), the latest news just mentioned that Apple has switched to Intel's mobile chip business.
As revealed by Doug Freedman of RBC Capital quoted in Forbes report on Friday (30 Nov):
"Realizing there has been speculation about this before, Freedman reveals about the possibility of a deal:
Intel will agree to use the architecture design to be used in Apple's iPhone - the architecture is the main rival ARM Holdings, a subsidiary of Intel, located in the UK. And in return, Apple would agree to switch to the Intel x86 architecture for the iPad."
Freedman of expression, can be apprehended that the newest iPhone releases in the future likely will use chips made by Intel. According to Freedman, the chip foundry business next year could reach $2 billion.
In addition to Intel, Apple seems to continue to work closely with TSMC, or can also with GlobalFoundries. What is clear, not Samsung...Readmore »»